Welcome to FlamePro Tech Services Inc.
Gas Fireplace and Log Service, Maintenance, and Sales
Year after year, fireplaces are rated as one of the top amenities desired by home owners. The romantic flames, soothing heat and dramatic ambience generated by a fireplace are not only personally appealing, but add to the value of your home. In fact, a high-quality, energy-efficient fireplace has one of the highest investment returns of any addition to your home.
They do need regular servicing and maintenance for optimal performance and safety. Don't forgo this important step in owning a gas appliance for your own safety and that of your family.
Please call for more information: 865-389-2434
What You Should Know
There are more, but these are the six most noticeable warning signs that your gas fireplace, gas log insert or gas log set is a troubled unit that is in need of service:
- 1.) Soot build-up on anything
- 2.) Foul or suspicious odor coming from unit**
- 3.) Film, discoloration or etching on glass
- 4.) Slow or no ignition when unit is turned on
- 5.) Unit shuts itself off
- 6.) Unit has no usage or service history
* All major gas appliances, including gas fireplaces, should be serviced annually as recommended by all major gas fireplace product manufacturers. Gas fireplaces are gas-fueled appliances and, as such, can be dangerous—and even hazardous—if not handled properly and if not serviced regularly by a qualified technician.
** Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, poisonous gas formed by a gas furnace or gas fireplace that’s not operating properly. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting. If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, or if your carbon monoxide detector sounds an alarm, immediately evacuate the home and call 911 from another location. If you do notice a suspect odor coming from your gas fireplace, call a qualified service and repair technician promptly.
Manufacturers and utility companies both recommend professional maintenance on an annual basis.